As you all know this is an unprecedented circumstance that we are going through so we appreciate your patience as we adapt to these challenging times. Please know that we are taking this very seriously and we hope you can appreciate how much work and thought our team has put into this since we were informed that we can restart operations on June 15th strictly adhering to Public Health Guideline. Our Covid-19 re-opening action plan rests on a set of principles that put the safety of our children, families and staff in the core of every decision we take.
What to expect?
- We are opening at a reduced capacity until further notice.
- During pick up and drop off times, please follow our social distancing protocols and instructions. We ask that you designate only one person per day to drop off and pick up your child.
Parents are expected to stay in the lobby area while an educator will greet you and bring your child to his/her classroom. She will ensure hand washing before joining the group. Please give yourself a few extra minutes to make sure we can make the transitions as smoothly as possible. If the wait is too long, we will have to determine arrival and departure times for each family.
- Every morning, parents will be asked a few questions as per the screening tool for children (see attached). You will need to initial the attendance sheet to confirm that your child does not have any of the symptoms described in the Child Screening Tool before he or she is admitted to the centre. No child or staff member will be allowed to enter the centre if they are sick.
- Children/staff need to stay home if they are ill, even if their symptoms are mild. If you have questions about your child’s symptoms call 811 before bringing your child to the center.
- We will ensure physical distancing between the staff members as much as possible (indoors and outdoors)
- Where possible, staff and children will remain with the same group (cohort) each day
- We will limit the rotation of staff members (minimize travel between sites) as much as possible.
- Our schedule will ensure that groups of children do not gather in shared spaces at the same time. Example, one group at a time in the hallways/cubby area.
- We have set up a hand-washing schedule that outlines the frequency of hand washing required throughout the day for both the staff and children.
- Our staff members will help all children to wash their hands properly prior to entry and throughout the day.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers will available (out of reach of children) throughout the centre, such as entry points, hallways, emergency backpacks and outside.
- Supervisors will monitor the hand-washing schedule and ensure that staff members are following it.
- Non-medical masks are mandatory to wear (adult and children over the age of 2) when unable to maintain a distance of 2 meters from a child or staff who is exhibiting signs or symptoms suggestive of COVID-19 who is being cared for in the centre while awaiting pickup.
- Staff and children may wear masks if they choose to. Adult size masks are available at the center.
- We will increase general cleaning practices.
- Only toys that are easily cleaned and sanitized will be available.
- Toys from home will not be permitted with the exception of a little stuffy and or blanket for nap time.
- We will increase the daily cleaning of high touch surfaces.
- We will ensure outdoor play structure and toys are cleaned between each use (group).
- Our outdoor play schedule will separate cohorts of children and staff. Walks around the neighbourhood and nearby trails are encouraged.
In closing, please make sure to bring the following items with you on your first day:
- Water bottle
- Indoor/outdoor shoes
- Complete change of clothes (shirt/pants or shorts, socks and underwear)
- Bathing suit and beach towel (we will be using water sprinklers)
- Diapers/wipes – if needed
- Please to identify each item
You will find attached the centre’s best practices guide (in French only) as well as some resources to help you with your return to the daycare. We recognize that some children will be excited to come back while others might be a little scared and worried. This is normal and we will be there to reassure them as always. We will do our best, for this transition to go as smoothly as possible. Please take the time to explain to your child that he/she will be returning. Feel free to drive by and visit around the school/daycare before he/she returns
You will find the attached documents:
- Guide to Good Practice during covid-19 ( in French only)
- Social scenario to help explain the return to daycare
- Separation Anxiety Fact Sheet
- Rates in effect
|Tarifs en vigueur||Rates in effect as of||6 Janvier /January 2020|
|Poupons* (3 à/to 18 mois/months)||42.50 $ par jour / daily||426.50$ aux deux semaines – every 2 weeks|
|Bambins*(19 mois /months à/to 3 ans/ years)||38.95 $ par jour/ daily||389.50 $ aux deux semaines – every 2 week|
|Juniors et prématernelle ( 3 – 4 / ans /years old grandir en français)||36.90 $ par jour / daily||369 $ aux deux semaines – every 2 weeks|
Have a good day and we look forward to seeing you very soon